ABOUT SOLAR CAPITAL
Solar Capital is a subsidiary of Phelan Energy Group Ltd, a prominent South African based international investment and development company. Our mission is to be the leader in quality low-cost development, ownership and operation of solar PV farms for the long-term. Based in Cape Town, we have built up a proficiency in these aspects of renewable energy in order to realize our mission. With Southern Africa having some of the highest annual solar radiation levels in the world, Solar Capital has invested in technology and land in Southern Africa with the potential to develop the continent’s most valuable energy source – the sun.
VISION & MISSION
- To build “People Capital” under a Board of South African Leaders with integrity and proven experience.
- Strong focus on corporate responsibility and in bringing business and society together in the communities we operate in.
- Establish Integrity in all aspects of our business through the creation of a climate of respect for the individual and encourage self-respect.
- To aid sustainable development through social, education, environment and job creation.
- To own the development, production and supply chain processes into the national grids.
- To encourage trust through high quality service and transparency in all our dealings.
Paschal founded Solar Capital, now a subsidiary of Phelan Energy Group in 2008 to enter the South African solar market. Phelan Energy Group is 100% Phelan family owned and is one the largest, privately owned, Global solar developers. Paschal has a core passion for stewardship and responsibility for our environment, and the future world, for our children. The Phelan family also has extensive international experience and investment in financial services, food manufacturing, real estate and hospitality.
JACQUES JANSE VAN RENSBURG
INTERIM SOUTH AFRICA COUNTRY MANAGER
INTERNATIONAL CONTRACT AND ASSET CONSULTANT