ABOUT SOLAR CAPITAL
Solar Capital is a subsidiary of Phelan Energy Group Ltd, a prominent South African based international investment and development company. Our mission is to be the leader in quality low-cost development, ownership and operation of solar PV farms for the long-term. Based in Cape Town, we have built up a proficiency in these aspects of renewable energy in order to realize our mission. With Southern Africa having some of the highest annual solar radiation levels in the world, Solar Capital has invested in technology and land in Southern Africa with the potential to develop the continent’s most valuable energy source – the sun.
VISION & MISSION
- To build “People Capital” under a Board of South African Leaders with integrity and proven experience.
- Strong focus on corporate responsibility and in bringing business and society together in the communities we operate in.
- Establish Integrity in all aspects of our business through the creation of a climate of respect for the individual and encourage self-respect.
- To aid sustainable development through social, education, environment and job creation.
- To own the development, production and supply chain processes into the national grids.
- To encourage trust through high quality service and transparency in all our dealings.
Mr. Phelan, a native of Ireland, founded Phelan Energy Group in 2005 and subsequently Solar Capital in 2008 to enter the South African solar market. Mr. Phelan is a world leading proponent of the benefits of converting solar energy into electricity using the non mechanical approach of microchips. His personal focus is to leave the world better place than when he arrived. Mr. Phelan also has a successful career in banking, food production, real estate and hospitality.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Dervila has a background in HR, Executive Search and Leadership Coaching and Advisory over the last 20+ Years. As Chief Operating Officer, she supports the growth strategy for people and operations globally.
Head of FloatSun
JACQUES JANSE VAN RENSBURG
INTERIM SOUTH AFRICA COUNTRY MANAGER
Global Head of Hydrogen
Karel De Winter
Director FPV – Advisor to Chairman
Global Head of Construction
Head of Funding