Over 90 companies originally showed interest to Adwea’s request for an Expression of Interest or EOI.
Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority, or Adwea, have pre-qualified 48 companies for the setting up of 350 megawatt Solar Photovoltaic (PV) electricity plant in Sweihan, 125 km east of Abu Dhabi in the Eastern Region.
These companies would be taking part in a process in which a developer or a consortium will be selected to own up to 40 per cent of a project company which will set up the plant. The remaining 60 per cent equity will be held, directly or indirectly, by Adwea.
The project will comprise the development, financing, construction, operation, maintenance and ownership of a green field renewable power generation plant of 350 MW of power generation capacity, together with associated infrastructure.
Over 90 companies originally showed interest to Adwea’s request for an Expression of Interest or EOI, of which 48 companies subsequently submitted their Statement of Qualifications, in accordance with a Request for Qualification sent on 10 March 2016.
Following a comprehensive review process carried out by the Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Company 34 companies including local companies have now been selected as Pre-qualified Parties who have received a detailed Request for Proposal or RFP.
Of these eight have been Pre-qualified on a sole stand-alone basis, or as part of an already formed consortium, and are free to submit a Proposal on such basis without the need to form or join a consortium.
The remaining 26 companies have been Pre-qualified on a conditional basis and have been advised to join, or form a consortium within 28 days.
The deadline for bid submission has been set in the RFP for 19 September 2016.
The Pre-qualified Bidders selected are as follows: Acciona / Swicorp (as consortium), Acme, ACWA Power, Adani, Alfanar / Building Energy (as consortium), Canadian Solar, China State Construction Engineering Corporation, EDF Energies Nouvelles, Elecnor, Enel, Engie, Equis, First Solar, Fotowatio FRV, Golden Concord Holdings / PAL Technology (as consortium).
Other selected firms and consortiums include Hindustan Clean Energy, Intecsa / Cobra (as consortium), JGC, Jinko Solar, Kepco / GS Engineering & Construction / Hanwha Q Cells (as consortium), Mainstream, Marubeni, Masdar, Mitsui, Phelan Energy Group, ReNew Solar Power / Japan Renewable Energy (as consortium), RWE / Belectric (as consortium), Sojitz, Solar Reserve , Spectrum / Maessa / Leighton Contracting (as consortium), Stumpf / MENA Infrastructure Fund (as consortium), Tenaga, Total / Sunpower (as consortium),TSK.
Adwea’s chairman, Shaikh Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Butti Al Hamed said that “this Project will support the Emirate of Abu Dhabi’s achievements in sustainability and energy diversification through the use of renewable and clean energy”.
Adwea’s director general, Faris Obaid Al Dhaheri indicated that Adwea will continue its leadership role in relation to sustainability and in supporting renewable energy.
In addition to the generation of 350 MW of renewable energy, the quantity of gas to generate power using conventional means will be reduced, which will improve upon the economic performance of the water and electricity sector, said ADWEC’s managing director, Mohammed Bin Jarsh.
– firstname.lastname@example.org<< Go Back